Howard College - Big Spring, Lamesa, San Angelo, SWCID

Work Study

  • Hits: 43896

Federal & State Work Study Program

Students who have additional financial need may be allowed to work up to 15 hours per week at on-campus jobs. Every effort is made to place students in jobs related to their field of study. Students not eligible for the Federal and State Work Study Program may apply for other work opportunities through the Institutional Work Study Program.

To apply for work-study, a student must:

  1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is available from high school counselors and principals, from the Financial Aid Office, or through FAFSA on the Internet ( School Code Number for Howard College is 003574. 
  2. Enrolled in at least half-time (6 hours) in an eligible degree or certificate program at Howard College.
  3. Contact the Financial Aid Office to insure that all copies of the Student Aid Report/I.S.I.R. for the Pell Grant are on file in the Financial Aid Office regardless of grant eligibility.
 Work-Study Time Sheets
Timesheets are available through the Human
Resources Department - Click here for Current
Howard College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, veteran's status or any other protected class in its programs, activities, admission, or employment practices.  The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:  Director of Human Resources, 1001 Birdwell Lane, Big Spring, TX 79720, 432-264-5100.  For further information on the policy of non-discrimination, visit this link for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area.